Open to legal residents of the following countries who are 18 years of age or older (or the age of majority in their jurisdictions of residence) and are professional or amateur photographers: 50 United States/DC (excluding MD, VT, ND, CO, NE, TN), Canada (excluding Quebec), Australia (excluding Tasmania), Belgium, Denmark, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, China, Taiwan and the United Kingdom (collectively, "Eligibility Area"). Employees of Rangefinder, WPPI, The Photo Group, Emerald, Sponsor and each of their affiliates, subsidiaries and agents, and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same households of such individuals, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win a prize. CONTEST IS VOID OUTSIDE THE ELIGIBILITY AREA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. Subject to all federal, state, local, municipal and provincial laws and regulations.
HOW TO ENTER:
To enter electronically, please visit http://www.wppiawards.com
("website") to register. Once the registration process has been completed, follow the online instructions to upload photographs from your computer, pick your category(ies) and pay the entry fee (an additional $10 during Extended Entry deadline) (collectively, "Entry").
Digital images should have a long dimension of at least 1920 pixels and be saved at 300 dpi (Around 7" or larger). Sponsor recommends the compressed file size not be larger than 4 megabytes to ensure a fast upload experience. Sponsor can accept images that are up to 50 megabytes (uncompressed) if you do not have the ability to downsize the images (uncompressed is the size you see in Photoshop's "Image Size" display which represents the count of pixels in the image: It is not the file size on your computer's hard drive viewable on your desktop). Images may be color profiled in sRGB, Adobe-1998, or not color-managed. The person submitting the Entry must be the creator of the Entry and will be deemed the "Entrant." You can only use one (1) email address to enter. Normal internet/phone access and data/usage charges imposed by your phone/internet service provider may apply. For more information on electronic submission guidelines see our FAQ on http://www.wppiawards.com
You may enter any number of Entries in any of the following categories:
Couple Together: Wedding Day, Bride or Groom Alone: Wedding Day, Bridal Party / Family and Friends, Details and Decor, Photojournalism
Couple Together: Non-Wedding Day, Bride or Groom Alone: Non-Wedding Day, Models: Non-Wedding Day
Maternity, Newborn + Baby, Children + Teenager, Individual, Group + Families, Boudoir, Animals + Pets
Wedding Creative, Portrait Creative, Pre-Wedding Creative, Fashion + Beauty + Fine Art Nude, Landscape + Travel, Open Creative
Open Short Film, Wedding/Engagement Short Film
IN-CAMERA ARTISTRY DIVISION
Wedding: In-Camera, Open: In-Camera
Wedding, Portrait, Open
Wedding Multiple Photographer, Wedding Single Photographer
Each submitted entry, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Entrant. By entering the Contest, Entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that he or she has full power and authority to enter the photograph, and that the photograph does not infringe any copyright or violate any other intellectual property rights. The Entrant agrees to indemnify The Photo Group/Sponsor/Judges from any and all third party claims arising from use of the photograph as provided below in "Third Party Releases/Licenses." If the photograph includes other people, you must be prepared to provide a signed written personal release from all persons who appear in the photograph submitted, authorizing use of the photograph (see below for more details).
Photographs that include sculptures, statues, paintings, and other works of art will be accepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud, provided that Entrants must be prepared to provide a release form (in Sponsorâ€™s sole discretion) as described below in "Third Party Releases/Licenses." When photographing the work of others, it must be as an object in its environment and not a full-frame close up of another person's art.
The Entries will be judged in accordance with the Judging Criteria, as defined below. The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor/WPPI, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. Photographs deemed inappropriate will be disqualified.
All Entries must adhere to the Entry Guidelines indicated below, as determined by Sponsor/Judges in their sole discretion.
- Entry must not (and Entrants represent and warrant that it will not), violate or infringe any third-party copyright, trademark, trade dress, or other proprietary right of any entity or person (living or deceased), including but not limited to rights of privacy, publicity or portrayal in a false light.
- Entry must not make reference to any commercial/corporate advertising, including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names (other than Sponsor's/WPPI's), slogans, political, or religious statements, or be otherwise objectionable, as determined in Sponsor/Administrator's sole discretion.
- Any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor's/WPPI's sole discretion, will be disqualified.
- Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor/WPPI or any other entity associated with the Contest, or their respective products and services, or other people, products or companies.
- By submitting an Entry, you understand that if your Entry is deemed to be a winner, it will be posted and distributed in various media and any such posting/distribution will be deemed made at the direction of the Entrant within the meaning of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and the Communications Decency Act (of the U.S.)